Apocalypse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Gaming - Computer Gaming Lounge

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Introduction Thread

Go down 
+24
Rich!
#ApG | ScuD
Macra
Diran
Ironwolf
Jargen88
Althalus
Elfgrin
#ApG | .DeMoNiC.
Pamplemoose
#ApG | Scoped
APG | xSaber
msPanda.
matixd
PoisinIvie
namefag
Django
TCW
DMK
jabu jabu
Godstear
raven
Jeebz-24
APG-Nick
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

The Great Introduction Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Well, every good forum has one of these (normally stickied, hint hint, Dan)
The premise is simple. Introduce yourself, by name or otherwise, and let us know a little about yourself.

I'm Nick, and I work at Apocolypse. If you're not quite sure which one I am, I'm the one who compulsively cleans all the keyboards after you folks leave...or maybe I just clean the store as a whole. I do a lot of running around with a cloth. Chris, should I change my title to Janitor? Oh, and I can usually be found playing WoW with my girlfriend when I come in on the off-hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ap-gaming.com
Jeebz-24

Jeebz-24

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:50 am

Hey, my names Chris but all my friends call me Jeebz. I work in a video gaming store by Whyte Ave and I'm a huge 'gamer' (as they say). I haven't been in Apocalypse yet, but I intend to make it a regular hang-out.

I'm a console gamer, I have a PS3, Wii, DS and I have my eyes on a PSP I hope to soon buy. There are a lot of computer games I also enjoy; I might get in on tournaments for games like Warcraft 3 or Starcraft.

If anyone has a DS or PSP who would like to try some multi-player feel free to send me a message. I think Apocalypse would be an awesome meeting place to play. If we had a lot of people who wanted to play, mabie Apocalypse would consider hosting a tournament/game night?
Back to top Go down
raven
Admin
raven

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 am

DS game nights?? Could be do-able, start an event topic for it!

Wasup, my name's Chris, and I'm a co-owner at Apocalypse. I can usually be found wearing a ball-cap 'working' mornings (most likely playing AoC). I'm single, enjoy long walks on the beach and my favorite movie is Sex in the City(damn that mr. big!)...wait wrong website.

Anyway, come say hi when you're in and let us know about any issues you guys might have or anything you might want to see at Apocalypse, and if those concerns happen to be something technical I'll likely pass them on to Eli and Dan lol.
Back to top Go down
Godstear

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi im robin im an addict oopps i guess most of us are lol

I play every thing i can get my hands on i guess i have a ps3, wii, xbox 360, psp, ds lite, 2 gaming computers and just wish my laptop could hadle gaming.

I really havent found any mmos to really draw my attention so i have tried alot wow, eq, eq2, doa, earth and beyound, toon town, swg, eve, anarcy online, 9 dragons, ffix, auto assault, AoC, CoH, CoV, D&D online, project entropia(now entropia universe), Hellgate london, linage, linage 2, LOTR online, ragnarok online. But heres hopping warhammer online will be really great lol

But i really do play fps more the thouse mmos lol
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Godstear wrote:

I really havent found any mmos to really draw my attention so i have tried alot wow, eq, eq2, doa, earth and beyound, toon town, swg, eve, anarcy online, 9 dragons, ffix, auto assault, AoC, CoH, CoV, D&D online, project entropia(now entropia universe), Hellgate london, linage, linage 2, LOTR online, ragnarok online. But heres hopping warhammer online will be really great lol

Holy crap! That's a ton of MMOs.
Back to top Go down
jabu jabu

jabu jabu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 pm

hey my name is jonas and i like fps.
i am not the biggst pc gamer but i still think it is awesome.
im pretty awesome at them and i have only played 2 or 3.
any pointers?

Last edited by jabu jabu on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:11 pm

jabu jabu wrote:
hey my name is joe and i like fps.
any pointers?
Shoot the head.
Back to top Go down
jabu jabu

jabu jabu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm

APG-Nick wrote:
jabu jabu wrote:
hey my name is joe and i like fps.
any pointers?
Shoot the head.
got it. but i ment pc in general. i play 360 fps too, so i know the basics.
Back to top Go down
DMK

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey, my name's Damian. I'm the deaf guy who always seems to have at least one technical problem every time I visit!

I'm a PC and Wii gamer, and I'm the kind of person who is fiercely loyal to a select few franchises/companies and only strays on occasion. For me it's any Blizzard game/Bioware RPGs/Half Life on the PC and Smash Bros./Mario Kart/Metroid on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
TCW

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Name's Tim.

I game on consoles, handhelds, PCs, and even tabletop once in a while (Board games and P&P RPGs). I'll play pretty much everything - did my stints at MMOs, RTS, FPS, RPG, etc. I'm casual at most of them, can hold my own in an FPS - but I'm not clanworthy material. MMOs I get attached to, but only for so long.

I've never actually BEEN to Apocalypse Gaming Cafe, got a business card attending VGL. Then I moved. Now I'm in Lethbridge - but someday, I'll join you all there.
Back to top Go down
raven
Admin
raven

PostSubject: Vicious Scorpion Joins APG Team   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:15 pm

No, that's not someone's nickname. Apocalypse is happy to announce the newest member of our team, 'Dennis' the scorpion.

Dennis has an extensive background in customer serice as well as ridiculous IT skillz. So if you have any problems just talk to Dennis, though don't get too close as he is rather ferocious.

Dennis can be found behind the front desk between the doritos and the printer 24/7; that's dedication! The rest of the APG employees best be taking note.
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

raven wrote:
No, that's not someone's nickname. Apocalypse is happy to announce the newest member of our team, 'Dennis' the scorpion.

Dennis has an extensive background in customer serice as well as ridiculous IT skillz. So if you have any problems just talk to Dennis, though don't get too close as he is rather ferocious.

Dennis can be found behind the front desk between the doritos and the printer 24/7; that's dedication! The rest of the APG employees best be taking note.
Copy pasting is bad, Chris. Sad
Back to top Go down
Django

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey guys, I'm Stuart.

I've not had the chance to stop in to Apocalypse yet (saw your ad on Facebook today). I'm a PC/PS3 Gamer (CoD4, Audiosurf, UT series, Quake series, Burnout Paradise, Resistance: Fall of Man) for a number of years now, and I'm always up for a game or two on any system. I'm a professional commentator for videogaming events, and on occasion television shows. I'll be on stage a lot at Fraga this year, so swing by and say hi! It's great to see a new LAN center in Edmonton show up, and I hope to drop by soon Smile
Back to top Go down
namefag

namefag

PostSubject: memememe   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi, I am a PC/nintendo gamer. I like FPS, not much into frag fests tho, prefer my multiplayer to be co-operative. I am an avid supporter of the independent game market (http://www.tigsource.com. I have all nintendo systems and too many games to list here. As for PC I cut my teeth on Space Quest, Hero's Quest, the really old sierra adventure games (before point and click). Oh and I guess oregon trail on the apple iie on that funky green monochrome monitor. So gamer since mid 80's...yeah I am old.
Back to top Go down
PoisinIvie

PoisinIvie

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:24 am

Hi im Danielle, seems to me there are mainly guys on this site....-ahem- XD!

Im a consol gamer as well as PC gamer...mainly consols though...My brother and I have a PS3, Wii, PS2, N64, Nintendo DS, Super Nintendo, Atari, Sega Genesis...etc. I eventually Plan to visit Appocalypse..when I have free time and im not exhausted as hell. -sighs-

Suggestion...SMASH TOURNIE! -ahem-...XD Ive been wanting to do one for a long time with a fair amount of people, they have one at animethon but thus Im too busy in the dealers put to participate...lol.

Oh and Favorite Games of all time:

PS1:
-- Legend Of Mana
-- Chrono Cross
-- FF9
PS2:
-- Jack and Daxter/ Jack II / Jack 3 / Jak X Racing
-- ICO
-- Shadow Of the Colosuss
-- Dark Cloud
N64:
-- Conkers Bad Fur Day
PC:
-- American Mcgees Alice In Wonderland

ETC...............^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com
matixd

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey Everyone,

Im Matt or MatixD as I usually go by in game. I literally stumbled upon Apocalypse when I was bored at work. I looked over the site and realized your like 1 block from my work (I Work at IBM).

Anyways long time gamer since Coleco, Intellivision days currently own 3 networked pc's hosting my own tf2 server and vent.

I play a lot of TF2, WoW, AoC, DAoC, EQ, EQ2, SWG, Planetside and a whole slew of others. I plan on playing Warhammer when it comes out and I know im missing lots but suffice to say I play video games and love them.

If I can I will be stopping by shortly this week to check out the place. Hope to see you all there
Back to top Go down
msPanda.

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey guys,

I'm Carmel. (: I always go by the name Panda. Alias is usually msPanda. I ono why it's Panda, it just is. I'm not Chinese lol; I just love them. Ahaha. I came across your website on Facebook. I was like o0o0o an actual nice, looking lan center coz you know most are really crappy. I've been to lans outside of Canada, and they were really dirty and cramped. I told Chris that his lan has a very clublike feel to it. Very relaxing.

Anywho, I love computers. Ahaha, I love to build them, read up on them, you name it. I haven't been able to play on my computer for six months because of unforeseeable circumstances, so I had to find a place to go to and here I am. My first try. Wee! I've played my share of MMO's. Was mainly stuck on Conquer Online for quite sometime (and it ruined my grade 12 marks; sweet!). My brother was my biggest influence in gaming. We own many consoles, super nintendo being really memorable because my mother always played Zelda on it. She didn't let us play much. ]=

I am a big fan of PlayStation. I wouldn't say I'm anti-Xbox ahaha, but I'm not fond of it. You know the whole Xbox vs PS; you'd see me on the Playstation side. [= I like the RPG games like Harvest Moon, FF, CC, KH, HS, then the action games like SoulCalibur, and sporty ones like Gran Tourismo or NS. I like variety.

Computers are my biggest thing. I've been in leagues in Counter-Strike 1.6 mainly. I'm just getting into Source, and trying to be leet at it. I've played CoD and numerous others. I love StarCraft as well. I was also a General Manager for StealthServers LLC. So, I have a lot of experience in running game servers and tech support and dealing with 13 year olds who don't know how to cancel paypal and give you heck for it. ]=

So enough about me, lol. This was longer than I thought. See you at the lan center!
Back to top Go down
APG | xSaber

APG | xSaber

PostSubject: At long last   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Name is Ray, I've been an employee at Apoc from the start but have never posted in this thread. I blame all the games I play and all the anime I watch. Razz

I love to compete, therefore FPS and RTS are my fav genres. I still play all kinds of games, console, PC, ds or otherwise.

MMO is probably my least played game type, however I've been looking for a good (and free) one to play recently. Too cheap to pay monthly fees for games that don't satisfy my competitive desires.

Currently playing CS:S and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Also been playing a bunch of DOTA recently ^^; Not sure if I want to keep playing, kinda in a like/hate relationship with it right now. When on shift I'm usually up for playing anything so feel free to ask me. Setting up some lan play with whoever is in always turns out to be fun.

Currently waiting for Starcraft 2 (1 game for the price of 3! Rolling Eyes), Diablo 3 and Gears 2.
Back to top Go down
#ApG | Scoped

#ApG | Scoped

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:46 pm

hello im jean-luc, no im not French you would be surprised to know im British. i still carry my English accent around with me. but i tend to lose it so im toled when i get mad scriming Razz lol, so if anyone hears an English man that would probably be me Very Happy
ahh yess scriming i am an avid and dedicated CSS player. i play for BAMFgaming witch in in cal-IM for CSS, you may have heard our team name is COD4 since we are more popular in cod Sad lol.

on an other note i love computers. i have been around computer my whole life. i love building computers. (cheaper, fun, and works better Very Happy). i was a big WoW player before i decided it was stupid lol. so i play FPS games now. played a bit of BF2,2142,TF2,CSS,cs1.6,crysis,UT3,COD4,

AP gaming is great i haven't been to other lan's due to the fact that there harder to get to and i can just play on my kick ass pc at home. but i love going to APG for a few hours before i go home. its clean people are friendly and just and awsum place. <3

if any of you play CSS you can add me on steam friend "icegod" just let me know your from Edmonton lol... or drop me a line on my myspace www.myspace.com/ph_luke happy to help any way i can and chat Very Happy.

well time to go practice hope to see you all at lan soon. and maby even at the 15 hour lock in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ph_luke
Pamplemoose

Pamplemoose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:44 am

Hey all, I'm Mike. Nice to meet you!

I haven't had the chance to visit your fine sounding store yet. When I do I will most likely be drawn to a computer, it's some kind of wierd almost magnetic draw towards something that supports WoW. I boast of having 3 lvl 70 toons and am a primary leader of a so far successful PvE Raiding guild on a PvP server with damn near no population ^_^ You should come check us out, Lethon US server(Horde side of course)

I am also known to pwn face in front of an Xbox360 usually to the guns and explosion sounds of CoD4(I am a member of the Disciples of Gaming community.)

Anyway, I will be checking out your pad, look forward to meeting you all.

~Pamplemoose the Hallowed.
Back to top Go down
#ApG | .DeMoNiC.

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Sup all Justin ".DeMoNiC." Duguay's the name Counter Strike Source is the game. Smile

Ive played CSS for a while now, Currently Cal-IM, Former Invite and Cevo-Main. Part of the Edmonton Lan Team thats now formed. Hola Trav, Scope, Brownie, and Scud! Very Happy I look into a few games other then CSS from time to time but if yea look around and im there id be the one with the clueless look on my face Razz (yea know the one that looks like i just robbed a bank and im trying to hide it >: P) Well I look forward to meeting some of you at the next 15 hour lock-in and i hope to see some CSS players there ready to get there butt kicked by the team >: D haha in good fun of course Razz take it easy and until next time .DeMoNiC. out!!!
Back to top Go down
Elfgrin

Elfgrin

PostSubject: Elfgrin   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 pm

My name's Eldon, but I got the nickname Elfgrin, and now online I go by Elfgrin (PC) and Skill (PS3). I'm only 14, but I'm highly intelligent and mature, and the Apocalypse community doesn't seem to be age prejudice, so I'm sure I'll get along here just fine.

I started gaming on NES, but fell in love with Quake sometime early in elementary (Kindergarten-Grade 2ish) when my uncle would host family lan parties. I play mostly shooters and RPGs, but I enjoy almost any genre except sports games like Football, Basketball, Hockey, etc (the video games, the actual activities themselves I'm always up for). After UT2004 I fell back on console gaming, going from N64 to PS2 to PS3. While I still enjoy console gaming, I decided to build me a computer in the last semester of last year.

On PC I'm currently playing Fallout3, Bioshock, and UT2004, while on PS3 I'm still playing MGS4, and I'm about to pick up LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2.
My favourite genre is shooter, and my favourite pc shooter is Unreal Tournament. I usually do iCTF matches - all bots on Godlike - because we're renovating my computer area, which means I'm stuck with the internet my parents use (multiple firewalls, no port forwarding, makes online play garbage).

My favourite PS3 game is MGS4, but I also enjoy Resistance, COD4, WipeoutHD, Calling All Cars, SARPBC, and I'm always up for a match.
If you see me at Apocalypse because I'll be sporting my Razer mousepad, at least until Apocalypse picks some up.
Feel free to add me on Steam (Elfgrin), Windows Live (Elfgrin), or PSN (Skill)
Back to top Go down
Althalus

Althalus

PostSubject: Gowan   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 am

hey all, my name is Gowan. I'm a huge fan, i stopped by today after seeing your site on facebook, bought a membership and practically moved in for 5 hours... I love your place it's F***ing unbelievable, and the game selection is great.

I've been gaming for years. i loved the super nintendo squaresoft games, they really got me into RPGs. I play, mass effect, fable, final fantasy, NWN and NWN 2, black and white, Oblivion, warcraft, starcraft, fallout 3. I like FPS but i'm not great at them lol! I do play WoW, as a BE holy pally on stormscale. i stopped playing for a couple months pre WoTLK but i'm back and slowly making my way to level 80. thank god my job is during the nights so i won't be able to raid.

chances are you're all going to see me around on my days off, my computer is dying a slow death and i'm far too cheap to fork out the cash to build myself one. i'm the tall blond guy with the long hair... jean-luc can pick me out... damn english bastard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
#ApG | Scoped

#ApG | Scoped

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 pm

OMG Dude lol. i did not know you where in town :O.... you send me a Facebook msg we will go to APG and play Very Happy sound good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ph_luke
Jargen88

Jargen88

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Aaron from Spruce Grove. I have been looking for a Gaming community around Edmonton for a long time.

I am only 15 nearly 16 years old and I play on PS3/Wii/PC. My PSN is Huejass Very Happy I hope to be able to come on over there during the upcoming christmas break.

I have one question

What games are going to be held? Or can we bring our own?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Introduction Thread   The Great Introduction Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Introduction Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next