Apocalypse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Gaming - Computer Gaming Lounge

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'

Go down 
+2
APG-Nick
VickVega
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VickVega

Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' Empty
PostSubject: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey All,

Most all the staff now know me, I'm the guy whose always in there... with the mohawk...

Anyways, I get into cafe-gaming in Calgary at a cafe called SwitchBox (www.switchbox.ca). They had some wonderful idea's about marketing their product (a gaming cafe) to the public. One was what they called a switchpass.

I would love to see something like it here because I, myself am a university student and cant be playing long hours during the school year. But the costs of cafe gaming are very pricey in Edmonton, so i either have to buy the day pass at $20 or pay per hour at close to $5 p/hour.

Here is a nice scheme that the switchbox people used to sell thier product to the public. I hope that you can offer something like it where your regular members can spend less per hour and make this cafe a more affordable expereince.

SwitchPacks (available to members only)
20hr SwitchPacks - $47.00 ($2.35/hr)
50hr SwitchPacks - $109.00 ($2.18/hr)
100hr SwitchPacks - $208.00 (2.08/hr)
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 am

This is a pretty sweet idea. Crosshairs on white has a similar system, as well.
I'm not sure how well it'll work with the Smartlaunch Interface that we run (we may need to create specialized, non-personal profiles for this...or we could just sell time at a custom price, which is the shortcut bandaid method) but this is definately something to look into.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ap-gaming.com
VickVega

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 pm

If they put in prices like that I could game WAY more and I think alot of other people would game WAY more. I think it could be what is needed to get more people out and into the gaming cafe.

Vega-
Back to top Go down
raven
Admin
raven

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Yeah this is a sweet idea, we'll definately set something like this up!! Thanks for posting this!

-Chris
Back to top Go down
jabu jabu

jabu jabu

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 pm

so you would buy 20 hours. use 5 one day 10 the next then 5 after that.
how about you pay maybe $500-$1000 for unlimited gaming for the year?
but your way is probly better.
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:37 pm

jabu jabu wrote:
so you would buy 20 hours. use 5 one day 10 the next then 5 after that.
how about you pay maybe $500-$1000 for unlimited gaming for the year?
but your way is probly better.
It's way easier to buy minutes in bulk and have them carry rather than creating a whole new usergroup for people who pay for unlimited. Also, people who don't end up using their membership benefits for the unlimited don't need to worry about their minutes expiring if they simply buy them in bulk. You won't feel obligated to come to the shop whenever you feel like gaming up.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

I'm a big computer Guy, and I must say im Extremly impressed how Apocalypse gaming cafe is Legit, and Modern' unlike most cafe's I've been to, this is the best yet, as far as Equipment and Location, Hardwood floors for the win!
Back to top Go down
APG-Nick

APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:41 pm

Ironwolf wrote:
I'm a big computer Guy, and I must say im Extremly impressed how Apocalypse gaming cafe is Legit, and Modern' unlike most cafe's I've been to, this is the best yet, as far as Equipment and Location, Hardwood floors for the win!
My only fear is the hardwood floors eventually starting to warp. Right now, though, they're pretty boss.
Also, it's not readily apparent, but you can start a new topic by pressing the wee + button in the top left corner of the forum menu when viewing the main board that you want to post in.
Back to top Go down
#ApG | Scoped

#ApG | Scoped

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 pm

i like that meathod it would work so well since i have odd hours now... and on top of that by the time my day is done i run out of the money i was going to spend at AP gaming lol. so if i where to go and buy lets say 20hrs i could just go in and play type thing Very Happy... like it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ph_luke
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'   Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours  -  'Bulk Pass' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hourly Pro-Rated Member Hours - 'Bulk Pass'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apocalypse Gaming :: Feedback / Suggestions-
Jump to: