Apocalypse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse Gaming - Computer Gaming Lounge

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogue, in-game browsing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elfgrin

Elfgrin

Rogue, in-game browsing Empty
PostSubject: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Rogue is an in-game web browser for a growing list of popular games. I've just discovered it myself and have had little time to test it, but it seems to work fine, it's free, and it even lets you choose which type of content to optimize for (Video, Web, & Game), which I have tested and I can honestly say speeds up browsing depending on what you're viewing. They also claim to have done a study and apparently us gamers spend 25% of our time waiting instead of playing. This seems a tad stretched to me, maybe they were testing CSS newbs, but I do know there are moments when it'd be nice to watch a video during a loading screen or talk on ebuddy while you're waiting to respawn.

What do you think? Can you see yourself using this at Apocalypse?
http://rogue.gotgame.com/

Tested working games:
• Age of Conan
• Battlefield 2
• Call of Duty
• Call of Duty 2 (not on menu screens)
• Civilization IV
• Counter-Strike: Source
• Counter-Strike 1.6
• Gears of War
• Guild Wars
• Half-Life 2
• Halo: Combat Evolved
• Neverwinter Nights
• Neverwinter Nights 2
• Portal
• Unreal Tournament III
• Warhammer 40,000
• Warhammer: Dawn of War
• World of Warcraft

Tested not working games:
• Call of Duty 4
• Diablo 2
• Doom 3
• Quake 4
• Starcraft
• Warcraft III
• Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Back to top Go down
#ApG | .DeMoNiC.

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Wuts a CSS newb? >Razz theres no CSS newbs :O theres just Pros and Average players Razz can yea guess who the pros are? ^_^
Back to top Go down
#ApG | Scoped

#ApG | Scoped

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:46 am

:O elfgrin plays css ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ph_luke
raven
Admin
raven

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:41 pm

checkin' this out now, seems pretty cool, still a bit buggy! if there's enough interest i could see us adding this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ap-gaming.com
Elfgrin

Elfgrin

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:21 pm

#ApG | Scoped wrote:
:O elfgrin plays css ???
I've only had a computer able to run it for a couple months (sad I know), and I'm holding off on buying it until after christmas/birthday (my birthday is a week prior), but I've played it at Apocalypse and absolutely love it. At $20 it's a no brainer, but the valve complete pack and css are both on my christmas/birthday list, so it'll be another couple weeks until I own it.
Back to top Go down
#ApG | Scoped

#ApG | Scoped

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 pm

sweeet deal man will be fun to start fraging with you Very Happy and if you get the whole pack we can get some left for dead going on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ph_luke
Elfgrin

Elfgrin

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 pm

Hopefully I'll have had enough time to play that I won't be terrible the first time we play together Razz
I've seen what CSS does to a newb. I'm guessing my general fps experience will set me off to a good start though.
Back to top Go down
bonfire-db

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Yeah, Xfire has an in-game browser built into the latest release.

Scroll Lock + X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue, in-game browsing   Rogue, in-game browsing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue, in-game browsing
Page 1 of 1