Apocalypse Gaming - Computer Gaming Lounge

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

General Comments, Praise, Criticism.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
APG-Nick

PostSubject: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:43 pm

For those too bashful to make a full new post (and, of course, because all little comments are easier to manage in a single thread), let us know what you guys think here. Anything we need to improve on? Anything you didn't like? Want to stroke our egos? Post it here!

Note to teh Admins: Sticky this topic up, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ap-gaming.com
PoisinIvie

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:38 am

How about an address of the place so we can find it?...and if there is one i cant find it due to it being almost 7am...-yawns-.

And to have it where the members can post a new topic but has to be related to the general topic and follow the forum rules?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:00 pm

PoisinIvie wrote:
How about an address of the place so we can find it?...and if there is one i cant find it due to it being almost 7am...-yawns-.

And to have it where the members can post a new topic but has to be related to the general topic and follow the forum rules?
We don't open 'til 1PM

The Address is actually on the main site. It's 10185, 107 St. Just off Jasper near Corona Station.

And members SHOULD be able to post their own topics. As it stands, we're still getting the swing of actively modding the forums, so we haven't thrown down some solid rules yet other than the obvious "No pr0n, and no douchebaggery" yet.
Back to top Go down
Pamplemoose

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 am

Hey Apocalypse folk, I was curious did you guys create your forums out of Forumotion? Your forums look damn near identical to the ones I use for my WoW guild's site.

~Pamplemoose The Hallowed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Pamplemoose wrote:
Hey Apocalypse folk, I was curious did you guys create your forums out of Forumotion? Your forums look damn near identical to the ones I use for my WoW guild's site.

~Pamplemoose The Hallowed
It's a fairly standard phbb format. Very common. I'll ask Dan about the the specifics.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 pm

I would like to own Apocolypse Gaming Dog Tag necklace.. I would buy it for 15 dollars easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Now there's a real kickass idea.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:15 pm

I think Apocalypse gaming needs more propaganda. There should be a thriving young audience here as well as older people. I'm just not too sure APC is reaching its targeted audience, Ive seen smaller cafes in smaller cities that have more Tons more customers.
I have previously worked in sales before.. And Ive learned a great deal how to reach customers, I would even go as far as going out to the Edmonton Garrison and posting fliers or posters there. Near schools and other organizations, But to also make a Clear specific general location that people will automatically know where this business is located.

I also think that in addition to having this gaming cafe, another source of income- would be to fix computers as well. I think business would greatly increase. But again, "Who knows how to fix computers" or perhaps you already service computers.. But Ive seen other cafes who have this service.

I think in addition, I think staff should wear APC T-shirts at least, so customers recognize who there talking with.

This is just a few small Ideas out of a pocketful of options.
Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raven
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:25 pm

@ Ironwolf

Apocalypse is still a relatively new business and it takes time to get the word out. It's a lot easier in smaller cities and towns, as you pointed out, where everyone immediately knows what's opening and where. Also it's easier for smaller cafes to be located in high traffic areas, where we have chosen to open a larger (and cooler afro ) cafe which is more destination (though we still have significant post secondary traffic) it takes more time and effort to get the name out.

That said, in the last few months alone we have done everything from radio advertisements and promotions with Sonic (including a Glee Club gift certificate promo), a recent television commercial with City TV that ran through December and just finished last Friday, we've sponsored Fragapalooza as well as Video Games Live and Play! events, ran an online ad on the Edmonton Journal's summer guide website, ran a banner ad in Vue magazine for 6 months, have had targeted ads on Facebook toward our demographic in Edmonton since opening that receive the maximum number of clicks daily taking ppl directly to our website, all in addition to extensive flyering campaigns in MacEwan, the U of A, throughout the downtown area, and along whyte ave.

All of this has led to sales which have consistently increased month over month since opening. Keep in mind that we're a brand new small business and can only do so much and it does take time before we get to the point where we're more able to rely on word of mouth, but we're doing the best we can!! Thanks for the suggesstions though. Also, you do seem to come in mostly during our off hours, try coming by on a Friday/Saturday night sometime!!
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

Well. all im saying, when i first began touring edmonton and getting familiar with the area. It was not from any advertisements. It was the sheer fact that I was just strolling by with my head down, and then i turned to the right. And there it was. Heaven cheers

The building looks like any other building downtown, And I didnt even notice the sign that much. I just remember looking at the doors tho. I hardly ever notice the signs placed next to the tree on the side walk. Black and White poster dosnt do anything for me. Colour and something very intresting related to my likes, captures me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#ApG | .DeMoNiC.

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Ironwolf wrote:
I would like to own Apocolypse Gaming Dog Tag necklace.. I would buy it for 15 dollars easily.

I would wear one to if it said APG css team on it somewherre Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:58 pm

#ApG | .DeMoNiC. wrote:
Ironwolf wrote:

I would wear one to if it said APG css team on it somewherre Wink
If you absolutely must have one, even if we don't get around to providing one, I'd bet money you could get one engraved for cheap at any engraving place, complete with your name and clan tag. Would make you look uber hardcore at tournies Razz
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Its appealing for customers to see merchandise- either it be just small things like.. Coffee mugs, or bookmarks. or any other such small token devices. Stupid shit that people buy. I feel merchandise makes a place more, business like i suppose. Much respect to the promotions as well' good thinking brings results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Again, I would totally buy an APG coffee mug. I am prepared to do unsavory things if Chris agrees to make this happen someday.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Projection Screeeeeen too?? What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

With your generous donation of a projection screen...we might be able to do that. afro
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:19 pm

This reminds me of battle field earth

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terdog

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Seen the building a few times before, heard about the May 2/3 15 hour party. Walked in, registered today. I must admit, I am very impressed. Its no where near as loud as Blue Shift in West Ed, its cleaner, friendlier staff, and it had almost all the games listed right there on the front counter. Only a couple of little nagging things. What, no racing games? Any way Grid or NFS Most Wanted could get into the library? Other than that, no problems. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm

That list is out-dated. We have a few racing games (although nothing as recent as Grid) and are looking to expand in the coming days.

Also, are you sure NFS:MW is available for PCs? I'm not big on PC racing.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

Should totally host- "A FREE DAY" of gaming. For promotional purposes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Ironwolf wrote:
Should totally host- "A FREE DAY" of gaming. For promotional purposes
This is something we totally couldn't afford Razz Moreover, we already have a "schoolperson discount" day every week.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm sure that dose well with all the Schoolies- Unfortunate for those who think school is for fucking morons.

If you went this far with the promotion of Discounts for school. Just think how many people would come on the day when its free- Call it a "Special Event" - one time only sort of deal.

Even if its something as you call it "totally couldn't afford" then why do you have a discount for students??

I was Just thinking, why not? Imagine how many people would be interested in a free event as such, im sure it would generate some public. Not to mention your competing with the majority of people today who own there own computers, and video game systems.

A move like this could very well bolster Popular interest at apoc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 pm

The "we totally can't afford" bit comes from the fact that our computers eat electricity. Every unpaid minute some one spends on a computer, making the system work, is minutes worth of money on our utilities. Were we paying rent and only rent, this idea of a "come in and try us for free day" would totally fly, but the more stress put on our computers is more money out of our bank. It's why we rarely have all the computers running at the same time because even when they're idle, they consume a good amount of juice, and Mother Earth is not down with that.

...And that's about as much as I can say without getting in trouble.

I will go as far to say that, if a company SPONSORED us for a day of free games, this idea could get some wings, but in the end, it's Chris's call and so far, freebies are not in the mix just yet.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Yes Electricity is what cost's. Certainly technology- advanced technology is what business is all about.

A few months ago, I was experimenting with some solar panels, and some very interesting results from it. Even in dense cloud and no sun. Solar panels still accumulate electricity. Even to use magnification it would produce more electricity. I'm sure that solar panels is the best investment.

This one I believe is Edmonton based.
http://www.getoffthegrid.ca/index.html

http://www.solarpanel.ca/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APG-Nick

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I'm a supporter of solar energy, but yeah, Chris is the boss man in charge, so you'll need to pitch it to him...also maybe our landlord, as well Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Comments, Praise, Criticism.   

Back to top Go down

General Comments, Praise, Criticism.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next